Table on Tuesdays - Yum Yum Tree
I'm writing this for the last few people out there who might not have already heard of what's going on every Tuesday at the Yum Yum Tree. The weekly promotion titled Table on Tuesdays is one of the best food deals out there. For only Rs. 599++ you get unlimited stuff of the conveyor belt, a main and unlimited dessert and beer. They mix it up every week, changing up a few dishes here and there. This was what was on offer on our last visit:
- Unlimited Beer
- Cocktails for an added Rs. 199 ++
- Pitchers for an additional Rs. 699 ++
- 2 types of salads
- Papaya - Was ok nothing to rave about.
- Thai Chicken Salad with crispy wonton shreds - Light, tangy, tastyyy!
- Sushi - If i was grading only this I would have definitely given the sushi a 4.0, but alas it is not so.
- 4 types of non-veg sushi - Though they do not get very adventurous since it has to appeal to everyones' tastes i guess, but the sushi is surprisingly pretty damn good. And honestly this is the best part of the deal. I always load up on sushi the rest is just eaten because .. well its there. It includes yummy spicy salmon and every body's favourite ebi (prawn) tempura rolls.. Ok well my favourite!. We did get some strange lettuce and chicken roll of which I was not a fan. The waiter insisted they don't use chicken but we could have all sworn it was. Anyway not the end of the world. However I didn't touch the tuna rolls as they looked a bit icky to me. Some of the pieces were a very unhealthy shade of brown... you can see it at the bottom left corner of the plate... yikes!
- 4 types of veg sushi - Health freaks shut those ears and lets face it, you batter fry anything it'll probably taste awesome. So the asparagus tempura was good, I quite enjoyed the veggie futomaki too. And ya one or two pieces of that was as far as my veggie experience extended to.
- One Main dish - we were a few of us so you get a good glimpse in to all the mains.
- Vietnamese Pho - Noodles with meat or veggies in a delicious clear broth, nicely spiced with star anise. Simple subtle flavours.
- Cheese Rangoons - with a sweetish sauce drizzled over - Was quite the hit on our table.
- Beef Bulgogi - If you've read my post on Gung Palace you'll know I take my bulgogi seriously. Sadly this wasn't one you'd care to take too seriously. Was ok for the first few bites and then you got over it ... really fast.
- Crispy Sriracha Chicken - *Sigh* how i love sriracha! This did not do the sauce justice. Was not bad.. decent ... but I probably wouldn't order it again.
- Miso Fish Skewers - Yummy! Fish was tender, the char grill flavour was an added bonus. And fish and miso seems to be a match made in heaven.. Was definitely happiness in my mouth.
- Unlimited selection of 3 Desserts - Chocolate fudgey thing was good - safe bet cant go wrong with gooey molten chocolate! The stuff in the smaller glass bowls was Jalapeno Rice Pudding i think - Well I could not taste even the subtlest amount of jalapeno so it was pretty much a very average ricey pudding. The best thing on this plate was the square White Chocolate Brownie! Mmmm was super yummy!
Though the mains were fairly average you could make it a satisfying meal if you choose wisely. And with yummy sushi at unbelievable prices who needs much else.. ok the unlimited dessert after doesnt hurt ;)
The Yum Yum Tree
First Floor, Community Centre
New Friends Colony
(Opp Nathu Sweets)
Vikas Sharma +91.981.000.2993
Ravi Sethi +91.981.000.2994
Labels: Outdoor Seating, Pan Asian, Promotions and Other Food Related Stuff, Sushi