CHURROS CON CHOCOLATE
Butter 120 gms
Icing sugar 1 tbsp
All-purpose flour 1 cup
Oil- for frying 8 cups
Icing sugar - for dusting ½ cup
Water 1 cup
Dark chocolate - chopped 300 gm
Milk 300 ml
Liquid glucose 25 gm
Cinnamon sticks 2 sticks
Butter 25 gm
• Combine water, butter and sugar in a sauce pan and bring to boil, stirring occasionally until the butter melts
• Turn the heat to low, add the flour and stir vigorously until the mixture forms a ball.
• Remove from the heat and add the eggs stirring constantly
• Transfer to a bowl and keep in the refrigerator for 10 minutes
• Heat the oil for frying in large heavy pot.
• Transfer the dough to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip
• Pipe 2 to 4 inch long strip of dough into the hot oil and cook until golden brown.
• Drain on paper towels, dust generously with icing sugar.
• Keep chocolate in mixing bowl.
• In saucepan put milk, liquid glucose and cinnamon stick and boil on slow flame. Once done add the hot milk to chopped chocolate and mix well, add butter and keep cover with cling film.
• Serve fried churros on a plate with the warm chocolate on the side.
Recipes by Chef Abhijit Saha