WASABI FLAVOURED POTATO SOUP WITH HIJIKI SEAWEED
Hijiki is a sea vegetable. It is alluring for the health conscious, with high amounts of vitamins, minerals, fiber and calcium. Usually sold cooked, and dried and quite black in colour. This product is native to Japan and Korea.
It is also absolutely delicious in salads too.!
Hijiki 2 tsn
Light soya 3 tbsn
Mirin 2 tsn
Olive oil 1 tbsn
Potato dices, boiled 250 gm
Water 450 gm
Dashi 1 tsn
Sake 20 gm
Vegetable stock 400 ml
Chives – chopped 2 tsn
Salt to taste
• Soak hijiki in luke warm water for 15-20 minutes to re-constitute.
• In skillet heat olive oil and toss hijiki with 1 tbsn of soya and mirin
• Soak dashi in water and let dissolve completely.
• In thermomix add boiled potatoes, water, dashi, sake, soya and process the mixture into a smooth paste. Strain, in a medium size saucepan add potato puree and finish with vegetable stock. Season to taste and finish with chopped chives.
• Mould hijiki in the centre of soup plate and ladle soup.
You search for Hijiki at :
- Yamato-ya - http://yamatoya.in/contact
- B-6/9,Local Commercial Complex, Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi – 110029. Tel: 011-4165-0164 OR CO-19,Huda Market, Sector-56, Gurgaon - Tel: 0124-4238377
- A-Mart Korean Grocery Store, Mahipalpur Extension - Phone: 2678-9999
- Diwan - Palkit Impex - Tel: +91 9818448620. Mainly whole-sale but try your luck if the others fail.
Labels: Chef of the Month, European, Modern, Recipes from Chefs, Salads, Vegetarian