I Say Organic is well quite obviously an organic store. What they sell are seasonal vegetables and fruits. Whats great about I Say Organic is that you dont have to pay a premium just to eat produce exactly how god intended it to be eaten the first place! Competitive prices - they claim are at par with your local vegetable guy. Eating organic means eating chemical free, untampered, fresh produce. Due to this don't expect to see seasonal fruits and veggies all year through. And to make things even better all organic vegetables are procured locally. The more exotic ones like asparagus, broccoli are from Himachali farmers, the rest come from farmers in Sirsa, Haryana.
(011) 4108 7447
(Good for ones w/ Food Allergies & Restrictions)
Finally, those with dietary restrictions are being focused on. Foodbury has been started to cater to the otherwise neglected - those who have to watch what they eat due to allergies (gluten, nuts, dairy) or health conditions that restrict their diet such as diabetics, heart patients, etc. Foodbury isn't only for those who "have to" but those who "want to" as well, with a supply of healthy, organic products perfect for the mindful eater. Co-Founder Pooja Kothari's son was diagnosed with a Gluten allergy, which enables her to lend a consumers perspective to the business. So no coincidence that their maximum number of products are under "gluten-free".
They keep a selection of both imported and local brands. One of the drawbacks however is there is no further info or product description, which would have been useful especially when one needs to know exactly what they are consuming.
Whats great is you can search according to your dietary needs i.e. gluten allergy, lactose intolerant, soy free, egg free, organic, etc. The other search option allows you to also search according to meal - breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack.
What caught my eye:
- Sugarless Bliss - Sweet treats from cookies to gulab jamuns
- Bob's Red Mill - Gluten Free Pizza flour
- Buontempo - Gluten Free Pasta Shells
- Dr. Schar - Cake, Bread mixes and cookies and crackers
- Itsy Bitsy - Cereals
- Whole Foods - Slimmers Hari Roti
- 24 Letter Mantra - Strawberry Jam
- Down To Earth - Aloe Vera Juice
Free delivery for goods above Rs 1,500 and to customers who have subscribed for their monthly plan. For all other shipments, a flat rate of Rs 50 per kilogram is charged. Delivery is made for within 3-5 working days - can take longer but you will be informed. For urgent deliveries call or email
Cash on Delivery . If not cash you will have to call and get their account details and deposit the amount directly - a bit tedious .
(Good for the Porcine Lovers)
They don't have a website unfortunately as its a little clandestine at the moment. But you can give them a call and visit their facebook page for some info.
They also import cheeses, seafood all at fairly competitive prices. But what really stands out is their selection of imported porky stuff. Right up my alley.
- Iberian - but only the whole leg - about 8-9 kgs
- San Daniele - A little sweeter than Parma - To enjoy the delicate taste of San Daniele its best eaten on its own, with crackers, or/and a complimenting cheese. Best not cooked or used to compliment bigger dishes - where as Parma can be eaten alone or on pizzas, salads, etc.
- Prosciutto Cotto
- Other Cured Meats
- Bacon - Delicious
- Chorizo - The cured ready to eat one not the fresh sausage
- Salami - Few varities that include - Milano, Napoli and Peppercorn
- Nuremberg - One of my favourites!
- More Oink
- Porchetta - Cant wait to get my hands on this - Italian Roast pork - ABout 4-5 kgs. They do a plain and a seasoned one both.
- Pork Chops
- Pork Loin
Also try the Cod and Salmon.
+91 9350840401, 8800390630
Sea To Home
(Good for the Pescatarean)
I'm actually super excited about this find that one of my readers sent my way.
If the order is placed before 3pm then it is processed that night and air shipped the very next day. Where as if you place the order post 3pm it will be processed the next day and shipped the day after - so 48 hours.
Of course since it is all local fish you can get most of it here at cheaper rates. The reason they are a bit more expensive is because of the air cargo and then the delivery from the airport to your house.
The reason you should look in to them however is because they deal with only chemical free fish that is untouched by anything but ice. So their fish is free of Formalin, Ammonia and Chlorine. They deal with good quality of fish. And finally of course the door to door delivery certainly does help! Oh and the best part you can pay online or cash on delivery.
What I have my eye on:
- Butter Fish
- Black Pomfret
- Thread Finned Bream
- Clams - Even though they look a little too tiny for my liking - but perhaps they have other sizes.
- Tilapia - great easy to cook with fish and quite versatile. And fairly mild flavoured for those who dont like strong fish.
Best to click on "Available now" since it changes according to season.
The minimum order is only Rs. 1000. Mind you their office is based in Cochin.
+91 95-39-155155 , +91 95-39-994248
Le Marche and Modern Bazaar
(Good for Just-About-Everything)
For those of you that don't already know - Le Marche and Modern Bazaar are both supermarket chains located in various areas of Delhi.
Like any super market they keep everything from fresh vegetables and fruits, frozen meats and ready to heat/cook items, cheeses and other dairy produce, all sorts of sauces and condiments, a deli section with cold cuts, breads and other baked goods including pastries, cereals, noodles, sodas, syrups and juices, toiletries, etc. They keep both Indian and imported brands.
I usually raid them for things my local grocer doesnt keep such as:
- Oils and Sauces - Sesame oil, Sweet Indonesian Soy Sauce. Soft Tofu, Arborio Rice, Sausages, frozen Cambay prawns, my favourite cereal Honey Bunches Of Oats - Strawberry, Emborg Feta Cheese with Olives ( Great to add to pastas and salads - the olive oil is packed with flavour), Prasuma Bacon both strips and back is a more reasonable alternative that tastes quite nice especially to add to things.
They both deliver but where and minimum orders all depend on proximity. So you will have to call and check.
Le Marche by Sugar and Spice - DLF Place
161-A, DLF Place, Saket, New Delhi
Le Marche - DLF Promenade
DLF Promenade Mall - Vasant Kunj
Le Marche - Khan Market
58A, Khan Maket
And a few locations in Gurgaon..
Modern Bazaar - Saket
Select City Walk, Ground Floor 6566, Saket
Modern Bazaar - Vasant Vihar
41669777, 41669776, 9891129999