Kafe'Out The Door
Should have written this review long ago. But a combination of laziness and apathy for this place fueled the procrastination. The place looked sort of cute, which was the only reason we went in. We were the only ones eating and despite that the food took so very long it was painful!
- Mushroom Fillo - Not bad. If you had to go I'd suggest ordering this.
- Ham and Cheese Fillo - Could not taste the gruyere just a whole lot of cream. They cheated you a bit because it had lots of chicken to fill up the dish which wasn't supposed to be there in the first place. The ham was strangely hard like it had been dried up in an oven. Skip this dish .
- Rocket salad w/ Grilled onions, parmesan and balsamic - Ok, was excited about the onions but they ended up being too raw. Red onions are quite strong. So instead of getting that mellower sweeter onion flavour that would have come if they cooked it through, we got this over powering harshness. That left us with just a bunch of greens with balsamic. Whoopee!
- Cannelloni - Spinach and corn - It was a major fail.
- Fish w/ Dauphinois - Sauce wasn't great. Fish was ok. Dauphinous was poor.
- Some Chicken - Probably the worst dish. The chicken was so overcooked. Really not not even worth saying more . A picture does tell a 1000 words!
- Cocktails - Green Apple Martini and Strawberry Mohito - If I remember correctly the main problem with these was they used some really cheap vodka. Maybe Eristoff . Killed it for me.
This review was quite pointless but thought I'd just put it out there to at least let you guys know that this place rates between average and bad. We had also eaten a Croque Monsieur here once which was another let down! So bottom line - skip!
011 26561090, 011 26561092, +91 9811054734
A8 Hauz Khas Village
Labels: Cafes, Cafes and Delis, European, French, Hauz Khas Village, Mediterranean