Favourite Spot for Sushi
Ok I'm going to try and make this quick as long as my tongue doesn't proceed my brain. I thought I had put this up a long time ago but apparently not. This is one of those see and be seen spots. I try an avoid it due to the mere cliche of it all. Unless I'm craving some good sushi, which is the one thing they make fantastically. I have not visited Sakura in a long time which may give Threesixty a run for their money but as of now this is the best option for sushi in my opinion. As for the rest of their food? Well the pizzas aren't half bad but the rest of the food is quite awful. No I am not being too harsh. And don't even get me started on their buffets, where they manage to ruin the sushi too! Despite my complaints, it is a huge, well lit space, with a constant buzz in the air. You know it won't be ever be dull meal with the constant bustle and the fulfilment of some "good ol'" people watching.
- Hamachi (Yellow Tail) Karai - Sashimi w/ Soy Jalapeno Sauce - I love hamachi especially in its rawest form. And the salty tanginess of the sauce works very well with it.
- Palm Hearts, French Bean Salad w/ Vinaigrette Dressing - Hearts of Palm is quite literally the core of certain palm trees. I'm a big fan though a lot of people don't fancy it much. Strange because it is rather non-offending in both texture and flavour. If you haven't tried it before I do recommend you do. Its a little like artichoke hearts but with a nice subtle sweetness. I especially love the texture, you expect a bit more of a crunch but you are met with a welcoming softness. Needless to say I really enjoyed this salad. This was on the regular menu not the sushi menu.
- Sushi galore - Most of their combos are a pretty safe bet. Can't go too wrong with the classics, especially with Chef Agusto behind the sushi bar.
- Itamae - Soft Shell Crab Roll w/ Avocado, Flying Fish Egg & Tonkatsu Sauce - I was not a fan of, but to be fair I usually prefer to eat soft shell crab on its own than in a roll. The crab just gets lost somewhere between all that batter and rice. No fun.
- Shrimp Tempura - So good. I do have a weakness for shrimp tempura rolls. And theirs is yum! Big juicy prawn, tempura is nice and crispy. So good.
- Tanuki Salmon - Fresh Scottish Salmon in and out w/ Tempura Flakes - Good.
- Cabrera Spiced - Fresh water eel, Deep fried shrimp w/ seafood combination. I know eel isn't a popular choice. A lot of people find it too slimy or fishy but I love love love my eel.
- Kaibashira - Again eel with fresh raw scallop - w/ crisp tempura coated rice. One of my favourites.
- Chocolate Mousse - Think thats what it was. Good.
So next time you're looking for the best sushi in town and don't mind shelling some big ones out, come to Threesixty!
+91 11 2436 3030
Dr. Zakir Hussain Marg
Labels: Favourites, Healthy Options, Japanese, Pizza, Sushi