Elma's Bakery, Cakes and Tea Room

"Would you like a little more tea?"

So Elma's Bakery is the newest edition in the ever bustling lanes of HKV. I am not currently grading this place because they are still in the testing phase, trying to iron out all the crinks. But I did want to inform you all about this quaint little tea room. There is a seating area on the other side with a beautiful white piano... A mix match of furniture and decor collected from all over the place yet it all makes sense. Have I wandered in to a children's book all cute and quaint, complete with the smell of fresh baked goodies? I was waiting for Gran Ma to greet me but I was pleasantly met by Gautam and Smita the duo who own and run Elma's. And since they are still fine tuning things, in a completely selfless attempt to help, I tasted and sampled a whole lot of treats! Some shown below... 

 They've attempting a commendable number of breads. And so far done a decent job of them. Try the Chocolate Bread. 

 But what got this little carnivore.. that being me... most excited, was the Bacon Loaf and the Sausage Loaf! And as you can see the best part of all is that they really don't stinge on the meat, be it the sausages or the bacon. Now that deserves a pat on the back...

Do try the Apple Walnut Cake and the Apple Cinammon Cake. Skip the Brownies and Muffins they need improving.

Mini Eclairs. They're like cute pudgy little fingers... ok those would be very pudgy fingers. We have Chocolate Eclairs filled w/ Custard and Toffee Eclairs filled w/ Coffee Toffee mix  - The chocolate needs improving don't think its the right kind of chocolate icing for this but still they tasted pretty good. I'm not much for coffee in fact I really just don't like it, but the toffee on top was delicious and I wish they'd make these without coffee too. Not because they don't work as is but because I want more sticky treats for me please! 

I love French Hearts. They just look so adorable. To include them in a bakery is like adding the beautifying frills to a gift box. These could do with a little less sugar and the pastry could perhaps be a little more buttery. They did pin down the crunch and flakiness... Sure they will get it just right soon.


ALCOHOL: NO. Now behave we've come for tea!
BUDGET: Mid Range

TIMINGS:

Mon:9:00 am-6:00 pm
Wed - Thurs:9:00 am-6:00 pm
Fri - Sat:9:00 am-8:00 pm
Sun:9:00 am-6:00 pm

CONTACT:
24 Hauz Khas Village
+919711114180, 01126521022
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elmas-Bakery-Cakes-and-Tea-Room/134225373319252?sk=info


Labels: , , , ,