Oberoi Patisserie & Delicatessen
Ever since its location and menu revamp I keep going back for more. Mainly for one thing and that is the bacon onion quiche! Soooo good.. A lot of things here are over rated but the ones that are good are really good.
- Tartlets and Quiches
- Mini Bacon and Onion Quiche - As I said my absolute favourite. I do tend to favour anything with bacon so it had me halfway there even before I ate it. Its not like one of those overly eggy quiches you tend to find here but the perfect balance between the egg and the cheese. Crust is perfectly buttery. Of course nothing here is cheap and you would be paying about Rs.600 for a quiche the size of your hand.
- Mini Chicken and Leek Quiche - Good too
- Bacon, Roquefort and Onion Tartlets. Picture Below. I prefer the quiche, but still. There was something a little strange here, some sliminess at the end. Can't quite place my finger on it but who's going to complain when you have Roquefort oozing out past bacon bits through a buttery crust.
- Meats - I am not a big fan of their selection to be quite honest
- Sausages - You just cannot mess wiht my sausages. Its one thing I can eat with everything, even Indian food. . stop judging its good! I don't like their sausages one bit. Especially their English breakfast and their shmancy ones with herbs and things.. Eh just not worth eating!
- Bacon, Salami, Pepperoni - All okay. The pepperoni is not bad however. You can find the same quality stuff for half the price elsewhere.
- Desserts - The good, bad and okays:
- The Lemon Tart which is one of the best in the city.
- My personal favourite used to be the Chocolate Maccaroon Tart - Its just chocolate, crushed almonds, in a pastry shell covered with a sweet glaze! Mmmm. .
- Doughnuts - Skip them - They are so dense and bready its quite a load full getting through one!
- French Heart - Again not as good as people like it to believe - Its not as light and flaky as it should be.
- "Exotic" Fruit Cake - So I'm not usually one to like white creamy fruit cakes. But this one is really good. Both the cake and the cream is super light, fluffy and just the right amount of sweeteness. Like a biting in to a cherubs bottom! Of course for presentations sake they leave on a lot of inedible fruit skin which isn't so fun trying to peal and eat when its covered in cream!
- Breads - Cant vouch for too many but the sugar brioche is the perfect tea time treat. Eat as is or lightly toast with butter. Simple goodness
- Specialty Food - I just wanted to add that their Pesto is amazing!!
I shall keep adding to this as I remember and try more stuff. . as always for you crumpets
011 2436 3030
Dr. Zakir Hussain Marg
Labels: Bakery, Breakfast, Brunch, Cafes, Delis, Dessert, Favourites, Food 101 - Lessons and Tips, Romantic