Smoke House Deli
Smoke House Deli is one of the cutest looking places in town. You feel like you've stepped in to a Bistro somewhere in Manhattan. The outside section isn't bad but no matter how much they try, you're still sitting in the courtyard of a huge mall.
Now to the sad part; the food. It's funny how the food tumbles with the price of each of Riyaz's establishments. Smoke House Grill top notch. Smoke House Deli very average and then you have Art House Mocha next door which has food that would make pre packaged food look good - yuck!
Anyway the one good thing they maintained was the quality of the drinks - try the Kiwi, cantaloupe, melon and jasmine vodka drink. The rest may not be awful but its really not so good. So the few decent dishes are:
The dishes that really ruined my impression:
- Grilled Chicken burger - Not usually a chicken burger type of lady but they manage to make a pretty decent one. Just remind them to keep the meat moist.
- Tenderloin Bites - Appetiser - Tasty
- Berry Smoothie - Not bad, would be better if they threw in a few more berries to be honest.
I have given them a 3.0 because like its not bad food its just not great. And I do appreciate the attempt at a deli style menu I do so crave here.
- Baby spinach and garlic granola salad - This was just gross. The baby spinach you get here is very strange let me try and explain . For some reason it is very un-spinachy but more like some astringent hard regular leaf off a tree. Not that I go around chomping on trees but I dont know what other way to best describe it. Secondly the granola tasted stale and a bit like cardboard and very little like granola!
- SHD Reuben - The fault here is partly mine. I was so excited to find a reuben in Delhi that i ignored the fine print, which was they use ground brisket instead of the traditional corned beef or pastrami. What?? Well thats not a reuben then is it? Ah but i missed something yet again its a SHD Reuben. Bah! If it doesnt have the corned beef, and the saurkraut then no matter what prefix you give it is still NOT a reuben. At least they were kind enough to throw in some swiss cheese!
- Chilli Dog - Now im really starting to think they are a little bunch of tricksters. Come on, a chilli dog with NO chilli? Now that's just cheating!
- Seafood Fritters (Appetiser) - Not that it tastes all that bad, but both times I have ordered it it's come to my table soggy. Now we all know soggy fritters are just no fun. And my next problem - the portions. We were three of us eating and we had to decide who gets to eat the fish and who the prawns and calamari. Geez stretch the strings on that purse a little please!
Budget: Mid range to Expensive
Shop no. 125, Ground Floor,
DLF Promenade Mall,
Nelson Mandela Road,
Labels: Brunch, Cafes, Delis, Food 101 - Lessons and Tips, Healthy Options, Outdoor Seating, Romantic