This is a place I would have loved to love and make one of my regular haunts. It wins you over halfway as soon as you step in to this playful, animated spot.
But alas the food and service don't meet their end of the deal. Though not bad and if you order carefully you could have a fairy decent meal.
The service was just so shoddy, our water glasses lay empty the whole time, I asked for salt it came at the end of my meal - chocolate brownie and salt? I dont think so. We ordered some lamb chops, and half way through our meal we were told they do not have any left. *Yawn* the service was really putting me to sleep. Anyway here's the good, bad and the ugly:
- Robata Grill Prawns - Best thing here. Big juicy prawns. Nice smokey flavour from the grill. The sweet bbq miso was yummy..
- Lettuce Mince Chicken Cups - Good. Worth ordering.
- Thai Chicken and Water Chestnut Salad - This wasn't a hit with everyone but I quite enjoyed it. Could have done with a little less dressing. But I liked the tanginess to it and the little bit of coconut milk made it rather enjoyable.
- Gomai Salad - Blanched spinach w/ sesame dressing - When in doubt go the gomai way! Well sadly not always true. Though their gomai could be good what prevents it is the over kill of dressing. Makes it a bit nauseating after a while.
- Rock Shrimp Tempura - Its shrimp, its fried i mean it would really suck for them if they screwed this up. They used to do this well. But on my last visit the shrimp were chewy. The batter wasn't right. It was just about ok. *Sigh*
- Massaman Lamb Curry - Well i mean besides the fact that it did not taste very nice it did not taste much like massaman either. So there goes that.
- Soggy Chicken Basil Fried Rice - Now the first time i tried this it was really tasty and the second time i tried this it reallyyy wasn't ! And besides the flavours just not coming through the second time it might do them a world of good if they did not use basmati rice.
- Chicken w/ Garlic and Aniseed Aroma w/ Crispy Spinach - Crispy, Aromatic, Tasty .
- Steamed Fish w/ Chili and Oyster Sauce - Was very happy to see a lighter soy sauce rather then the thick goopey one, which definitely has its place too. But here the lightness of it against the delicate and overly popular basa was quite enjoyable it.
- Schezuan Pepper Prawn Noodles - For something that sounds so flavourful I was surprised at how dull this dish actually tasted.
- Pad Thai - Veg - Meh! Boring, tasteless. But honestly not entirely their fault. I don't think Pad Thai can and should be eaten without egg, which adds a depth of flavour without which it just falls flat! As did this one.
- Mamagoto Goreng - Which was there take on the fabulous nasi goreng. But fabulous this version was not. Besides the satay being dry and tasteless there was so much wrong with this dish that I cannot even be bothered going any further in to it.
- Hot Fudgy Brownie - Eh..
- Hazelnut Chocolate Mousse Cake - They need to work on their desserts. This was quite avoidable.
So though it did not live up to my expectations, I just love sitting amongst all that crazy Japanese anime art. Now that I have tried a substantial amount of the menu at least I can leave with a fairly happy and full belly. Just a shame the inconsistency amongst dishes, it could be so much more...
S-09, 2nd Floor, Select Citywalk Mall, Saket
, New Delhi
1st Floor, 53 Khan Market
, (Middle Lane) New Delhi
Labels: Chinese, Pan Asian, Thai