A-Ma - Majnu ka tila - 1.5

A-MA at Majnu Ka Tila

Every few months if I am stuck in one place my wanderlust kicks in. So since I could not get out that minute I decided to find a new world in my already existing world. On one such day i decided to go explore Majnu Ka Tila, a Tibetan colony tucked away in the depths of North Delhi somewhere.
It was fun, colourful, a lot of activity. It really felt like a different world especially from my comfort zone of South Delhi. There were Chinese trinkets being sold on the street, with posters in Chinese that of course made very little sense to me. But since I am not trying to write a Delhi guide but a Delhi food guide let me get on with it. We ate at A-Ma restaurant, which seems to be one of the more popular options around. Here's the break down:

Over all it was a great day because it came as a wholesome package of shopping, music, people and food. But if it were for the food alone it would have been quite a waste of that hour and a half drive!.  More than the flavours it was just the overall qulaity of their ingredients - hygiene - SERIOUSLY LACKING.



Budget: Cheap

40 New Tibetan Camp, Aruna Nagar, 
Majnu Ka Tila, New Delhi
Landmark:  Near New Rinchan Restaurant
011 23811317


Labels: