Diva is one of those restaurants that always leaves you guessing. It really is a hit or miss, falling under those highly inconsistent Delhi restaurants. Again, you can have some really great dishes and then some appalling ones at the same time on your table. I personally have a soft spot for Diva as it always has a fresh and creative menu. With a combination of ordering the right dishes and the kitchen having their stuff together, you can have a supremely satisfying meal.
The decor is rustic and simple with a white table cloth setup. Two floors. Upstairs by the windows are in my opinion the best tables.
Since they do change their menu regularly its hard to recommend but I'll mention a few things Ive have tried over time (as much as my memory permits) to give you an idea:
- Chorizo and shitake gnocchi with tomato and basil - Super. Gnocchi was perfectly made - light and fluffy.
- New Zealand Lamb Chops - With good quality meat you need little else to make it go a long way.
- Pappardelle with think it was Rabbit Ragu - Was a bit salty but still delicious.
- Goat Cheese or Gorgonzola (was a long time ago!) Souffle - with some sweet fig chutney
- Goat Cheese Tart - Mmmmm
- Cucumber Salad with Fried Prawns - Super - Refreshing.
- Their appetizer platter both the non-vegetarian and vegetarian is usually a temptingly creative option.
- Ravioli - Usually good
- John Dory - Nice, subtle, moist.
Now for the not so glamorous moments:
- Rabbit - It had been flattened, with ricotta (?) rolled inside, sweetish brown sauce with raisons, prunes- In theory sounded delicious but was disgusting. The meat was so tough and had a almost rancid smell and taste to it!
- Strawberry Salad - If you do not have strawberries that at least look like strawberries after being 'defrosted' well then please do not use them!
M-8A, GK -2
91-011-29215673, 51637017, 51637858
http://www.diva-italian.com (Think they update their menu here)
Labels: Brunch, Food 101 - Lessons and Tips, Italian, Romantic